Top Up My Cover Cancellation acts as a “top up” to your main travel insurance policy.
This insurance allows you to purchase up to £50,000† extra cancellation cover (per person) so that your holiday costs can be fully covered.
- We cover you, as long as your main insurer does too
- ‘Top up’ by a maximum of £50,000 (per person)†
- Cover for all destinations*
- Any trip duration
- No need to declare medical conditions
- Available to people aged 85 years or under
† The maximum ‘top up’ amount is £50,000 per person (£15,000 per person if aged 75-79 and £10,000 if aged 80-85), with an overall limit of £100,000 per policy.
* providing you are travelling to a location that is covered on your main policy.
- You must have at least £1,000 of cancellation cover per person on your main travel insurance policy.
- It doesn’t matter where you travel to and for how long. However, you should always check that you are travelling to locations that are covered on your main policy.
- There is a waiting period of 7 days from the time that you take out this policy. If anything occurs in this period, or you are aware of anything that could give rise to a claim prior to taking out your Top Up Cancellation policy, you will not be covered.
- Top Up My Cover Cancellation only pays after a valid claim has been made on your main travel insurance policy.
- In the event of a valid claim, Insurers will pay the cost of your claim less the amount paid under your main travel insurance policy, up to your Top Up My Cover Cancellation limit – see example below:
|Total Holiday Cost||£10,300|
|Main Travel Insurance Policy Limit||£5,000|
|Top Up Cancellation Cover||£5,300|
|Total Cancellation Cover Held||£10,300|
If you come to make a claim:
|Amount claimed from Main Travel Insurance Policy||£5,000|
|Amount claimed by Top Up My Cover||£5,300|
|Total Amount Claimed||£10,300|